SyriansLebanese in SC before 1950
IP: 130.127.77.185

I am a grad student in History at Clemson. I am writing my thesis on the Lebanese who settled in SC before 1950. I have been able to obtain information on about 300 through my research (mainly censuses, military records, newspapers and city directories) and would appreciate the opportunity to interview descendants by e-mail. Some of these surnames are BROWN, GREEN, WHITE, Saleeby, Mansour, Eassy, and Khoury (all spellings). My research indicates that most immigrants from Syria/Lebanon who settled in SC before 1950 were Catholic. Many belonged to various Protestant churches as well. All the paper I have collected can't tell me why Syrian and Lebanese immigrants and their children chose South Carolina. I would like to find out what your families may have told you about that. Also, if you are not from either of these groups and had dealings with Syrian and Lebanese South Carolinians before 1970 -- probably as peddlers, grocers, cafe owners -- I would appreciate "hearing" your stories. Thank you.
Elizabeth Whitaker
whitake@clemson.edu

Replies:
There have been no replies.

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording