FilmMakers.com
Welcome to the FilmMakers.com Message Board

Writing and Directing
IP: 194.70.181.1

I am a budding Writer/Director and was wondering to be a Writer and a Director do I need a Writing Agent and a Directing Agent or just one Agent for both Writing and Directing?I have an idea for a film do I put together a short film version of it and send it off to festivals and Directing companies in London to get noticed?What I mean by a short film version is like what Guy Ritchie did with Lock Stock And Two Smoking Barrels when he at first made Hardcase which was the shortfilm version of Lock Stock and was noticed by Sting's wife who helped him to make it into lock Stock.Or do I just write the full length script and send it off to a scriptwriting agent and when I finally do get a scriptwriting agent tell him or her that I want to be the one to Direct it?My old university teacher told me that to become a Director I need to put together a shwreel with music videos and shortfilms and than send it off to Directing companies in London but I dont want to Direct music videos just films do you tihnk that it will be alright if I just sent off a showreel with 3 shortfilms instead?Thanks for your help!I did a Directing and a Writing class back in uni and was told to become a scriptwriter to send my script to a scriptwriting agent but my Directing teacher has not replied to my message as I have sent her emails to help with my Writing and Directing so need some help.And back in uin I was not told what t do if I wanted to be a Writer and a Director.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

FilmMakers.com
Welcome to the FilmMakers.com Message Board
FilmMakers.com

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording