Welcome to the MESSAGE BOARD for the Unofficial SOLID GOLD Web Site
My memories of "Solid Gold"
IP: 65.30.50.56

I happened to start watching "Solid Gold" by accident one Saturday night in 1981 when there was nothing else on TV at 10:30pm, and I first saw Andy Gibb and Marilyn McCoo hosting it, along with Wayland Flowers and Madame, and comedian Marty Cohen. I was in love with the show after that, but of course at the time, I didn't know that the performers lip synced the songs!) When 'Country Gold' aired in 1982, I remember the Bellamy Brothers singing "Let Your Love Flow" live. When Andy was let go, I still liked Rex, and remember him singing "On The Wings Of Love" by Jeffery Osborne when it was popular. Then in 1983, Marilyn went solo, and I remember her singing "What Kind Of Fool Am I?" by Rick Springfield, as well as "Solid Gold" from the same album of that name she released on RCA Records (which I still have on tape.) I always liked Darcel, Gayle, and Cooley as the main dancers on the show. I also enjoyed Grant Goodeve hosting "Solid Gold Hits" during the summer of '84. When fall of 1984 came, I left, as Rick Dees just plain SUCKED, and without Darcel, no one to lead. I sure was glad that Dionne Warwick came back in 1985, as the show went 'back to normal.' That year, I remember Elizabeth Taylor being on there when "That's What Friends Are For" was popular, and Stevie Wonder singing "Part Time Lover" live, along with Dionne dancing with him. After 1986, I tried to watch "Solid Gold" out of loyalty to Marilyn, but without the main dancers, and beloved announcer Robert W. Morgan, the show just wasn't the same. Thanks to the show for making my Saturday nights more fun and helping me love pop, country, and r&b music that much more!

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording