FilmMakers.com
Welcome to the FilmMakers.com Message Board

On the PAGE Awards: "Let me be blunt..."
IP: 69.232.35.37

On the PAGE Awards: "Let me be blunt..."

"Let me be blunt: I've won other contests. PAGE has, by far, generated the most requests for my script. Unbelievably so. Including people who never responded to query letters for the same screenplay. A few weeks after the awards were announced I had several companies who wanted to represent me, which, while an enviable position, presents a set of new questions and concerns that I never believed I'd face. But I'm now happily working with my new managers, Atchity Entertainment International."

David Bertoni
Yarmouth, Maine
2006 Gold Prize Winner

"Wow… Y'all weren't kidding about people contacting us. I think about thirty producers and managers, all of them seriously big companies, are either reading the script or have set up meetings. I cannot believe how fast the doors are opening now."

Suki Kaiser
Bowen Island, BC, Canada
2009 Gold Prize Winner

"We have signed with PAGE Judge Mike Kuciak of Samurai MK. Gotta say, we’re flyin’. We truly wouldn’t be where we are without the PAGE Awards. Thank you so much for your interest and your time and your faith.”

Steve Schoen & James Loos
Portland, Oregon
2009 Bronze Prize Winners

"As a result of the PAGE win, I was signed by Beloved Management. And now DEADBEAT BOYFRIENDS has been optioned by L.A. producer James Rich, Jr. I’ve quickly learned the value of small steps, and how one positive experience leads to another. For me, everything started with my PAGE win. I wanted the doors to open, and that’s exactly what’s happening.”

Marc Conklin
St. Paul, Minnesota
2007 Gold Prize Winner

"You guys have been amazing! I would advise any aspiring screenwriter: This is the one screenwriting contest you MUST enter!"

Alexandra McCabe
Vancouver, BC, Canada
2005 Gold Prize Winner

I invite you to enter The 2010 PAGE International Screenwriting Awards competition!

Now in our 7th anniversary year, the PAGE Awards have become one of the most important sources for new screenwriting talent within the Hollywood community and worldwide. Since receiving their prizes, many of our Award-winning writers have gone on to land script assignments, secure representation, and sign option agreements on their work -- and several now have movies in various stages of production and release.

Among our most recent success stories:
Radar Pictures is now attached to produce and finance Mark Kratter's 2009 Silver Prize winning thriller ENDANGERED. Mark has also been hired to adapt a graphic novel for producer Stephen L'Heureux of Solipsistic Films.

The feature comedy MIRACLEVILLE, by 2009 Bronze Prize winner Phyllis Heltay, has received funding through Telefilm Canada. Producer Rob Neilson of Etch Media is aiming to shoot the movie this summer. And Phyllis' short film HITMAN has just wrapped production in L.A.

Fawaz Al-Matrouk has finished shooting footage for his 2009 Silver Prize-winning short film TO REST IN PEACE on location in Kuwait. Fawaz is now in post-production on the film.

Adam Balsam's 2005 Silver Prize-winning sitcom pilot PRESENT TENSEhas been optioned by producer James Brown. Adam was also recently hired to do a rewrite on the animated feature DOROTHY OF OZ, voiced by Dan Aykroyd, James Belushi, and Martin Short.

The 2008 Gold Prize-winning sitcom pilot CONTROL ALT DELETE, by U.K. scribe Simeon Goulden, has been optioned by Company Pictures. Simeon is now represented by the Curtis Brown Agency in London.

2005 Silver Prize winner Janet Lin is now working as a story editor on the FOX TV series BONES. Janet's most recent episode "The X in the File" aired January 14th.

Coert Voorhees' 2008 Bronze Prize-winning family action script AIR AND SPACE has been optioned by L.A. producer Steven Crowe. Coert writes:
"The script is going through development and I'm psyched with how it is looking these days. On a personal note, the PAGE Awards were a real validation for me. The script sat on the shelf for five years and I hadn't really shown it to anyone until I decided to submit it to the contest. You might imagine I'm glad I did."
Coert Voorhees
Houston, Texas
2008 Bronze Prize Winner
For more news and updates from past PAGE Award winners, visit: www.pageawards.com

And remember, in a few short months, your name could be on that list!

This year the PAGE Judges will once again be presenting a total of 31 Awards in ten different genre categories. The winning writers will receive over $50,000 in Cash & Prizes -- including our huge $25,000 Grand Prize -- along with extensive publicity and industry exposure for their winning scripts.

Are you our next Award-Winning Screenwriter??

Late Entry Deadline just days away...
DON'T MISS IT!!

Enter online at: www.pageawards.com

We look forward to reading your screenplay!

Jennifer Berg
Administrative Director
The 2010 PAGE International
Screenwriting Awards

PAGE Awards

Replies:
There have been no replies.

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

FilmMakers.com
Welcome to the FilmMakers.com Message Board
FilmMakers.com

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording