Dog Tags on Muliphen
IP: 72.185.171.1

On Oct 16, 2008 Ronald Johnson wrote to Curt Bowen CEO ADM and RBW of www.rebreatherworld.com and asked the following.

I was aboard the USS Muliphen from 1960 to 1963. It was a great ship and a great crew when I was on her. Its great she was not cut up. My question is will one of your Divers put my dog tags in the ship? I'm getting to be an old man and I guess I want to be remembered some how.

On Oct 17, 2008 Mr. Bowen answered:

I am sure I can arrange it some how.

Let me locate someone who will be diving the wreck soon and I'll ask them if they will deposit your tags for you.

On Oct 17, 2008 Ronald Johnson responded:

Thanks for getting back to me so soon. If you could do this for me it would be great. I see I am talking with the Main Dog. The only thing I know about diving is that you guys have big balls. Next year it will be 50 years since I joined the Navy, it seems like yesterday. The more time that passes the prouder I am that I served. It will be an honor to hear from you again. Sincerely, Ron Johnson.

October 17, 2008 Mr. Bowen wrote.

Mail your dog tags to me and I'll get them on the wreck and even take a couple photos for you.

October 17, 2008 Ronald Johnson wrote.

Thanks I was in the Supply Division and are office was on the main deck on the port side. As soon as you entered the superstructure looking aft it is the first office. There is a port hole on the port side and one facing forward from in side the office.

October 19, 2008 Ronald Johnson wrote.

The dog tags are on there way. I thank you again for doing this for me. When I sent the e-mail to rebreatherword.com I wasn't even sure it would go thru because I was not a member. It was a shot in the dark that some diver was going to see it and get back to me. I checked on your magazine on the internet and was amazed at the quality of your work and the experience you have. I sure appreciate the pictures you offered to take for me.

June 5, 2009 Ronald Johnson wrote.

This is Ron Johnson from Aurora, Ohio. I am wondering if you found anyone to put my dog tags on the Muliphen?
June 5, 2009, Mr. Bowen responded.

They were placed in the engine room a couple months ago, sorry no photos, the camera did not work correctly. I lost your email and was hoping you would email back.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Password To Edit Post:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording