We have set up a new forum at www.medcapsules.com Click here to join us. We appreciate your cooperation.

Click here If you find this information helpful, and would like to make a donation to help cover the time and expense of maintaining this site.

View James' You Tube Videos
Re(2): Question: Intolerance To Supplements, That Once Use To Be Helpful.
IP: 206.168.41.169

Thank you James. I had thought about rotating herbs. What is causing the chemical sensitivities? Low functioning adrenal glands?
I have been worried about hormonal imbalance, but there doesn't seem to be a simple solution - at least for me. The last few times I've tried progesterone cream I've gotten symptoms of estrogen dominance (bad headaches, sore breasts, brain fog etc). Then Maca seemed like it worked well for a long time as long as I didn't take too much. Then I seemed to develop problems with it - blurry eyes and swollen glands.
I tried Jiaogulan as a digestive bitter - poured out a capsule on my tongue, for a couple of days. Boy I had a strong reaction to that. Pains that reminded me of my gallbladder problems I use to have, but the worst part was the depression and crying. ugh.
And I have noticed for a while now that my feces are pale again.
And if that weren't enough, my feet are starting to hurt again. (Gosh I sound like a mess)
A couple of years ago I developed painful feet. The symptoms sound very much like plantar fasciitis, but the weird thing is, it developed after I was taking a multivitamin that had ginseng in it (I totally stay away from ginseng now.) and the pain comes and goes weeks at a time and the different supplements I take seem to have an effect on the pain in my feet. It almost seems like anything I take that has a "cleansing" action or that is good for the liver, makes my feet hurt. Schisandra makes my feet hurt, Chanca Piedra & Gingko makes my feet hurt...And now it seems that glutathione I was taking made my feet worse.
Soooo... Apparently I cannot have my cake and eat it too.
The body has such a delicate balance. It's very difficult to maintain that balance in this world we live in.

I also tried an "Ester C" product and my body did not respond well to that so at this point I am just trying to eat foods high in vitamin c.
I did decide to try Gotu Kola because you posted it as a supplement for brain function. I took it two days and I loved it. The first day I had energy, good mood and glorious thoughts all day. I scrubbed my house and sang out loud to music I had on (rock music- lol), but I couldn't fall asleep until about 1 a.m.
But I did read that Gotu Kola can increase estrogen? So all the hormonal effects of these herbs really has me confused.
About 6 years ago I took herbs to purposely increase my estrogen and it increased too much. That along with dieting, and drinking some bad city water that got shut down due to parasites made me very sick. The docs had me on antibiotics for several months and wanted to take out my gallbladder, but I didn't let them.
So now, knowing high estrogen levels can cause hypothyroidism and gallbladder problems. And too much testosterone can cause hirsutism...What's a girl to do?

I thought about going back and reading the endocrine system chapter from my anatomy book, but I'm sure I still won't have a clue. However I am going to try some of your suggestions with the herbs I have now and when I have extra money I will get some quercetin and maybe one other adrenal herb. I have the regular licorice root, Jiaogulan, Ashwagandha, Siberian Eleuthero, Schisandra, Maca, Gotu Kola...
So, should I worry about estrogen, progesterone and testosterone or just focus on taking the herbs that support my adrenals the most with the least amount of side effects?

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.