We have set up a new forum at www.medcapsules.com Click here to join us. We appreciate your cooperation.

Click here If you find this information helpful, and would like to make a donation to help cover the time and expense of maintaining this site.

View James' You Tube Videos
Vitex during pregnancy???
IP: 70.52.185.113

Hi James, I am so confused and don't know what to do so I hope you can direct me since I trust your opinion.

I have had 2 previous miscarriages which I suspect were due to low progesterone (though not confirmed). My husband and I kept trying to get pregnant after those 2 miscarriages but with no luck for more than a year. I read about vitex and its role in fertility and balancing female hormones and began taking that daily (1000mg in capsule form). After a few months of trying, I now find myself pregnant. I am about 4 weeks pregnant (just found out the other day). Obviously I want to do everything I can to make sure that I don't miscarry again if this is preventable. But I am so confused as to whether to continue the vitex. I read some sources that say that vitex is absolutely contraindicated in pregnancy and should be stopped as soon as you receive a positive pregnancy test. And then other sources say the complete opposite -- to continue taking it during the first trimester to help support the pregnancy.

Please please tell me your thoughts on this. Should I continue taking vitex or not? Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.