We have set up a new forum at www.medcapsules.com Click here to join us. We appreciate your cooperation.

Click here If you find this information helpful, and would like to make a donation to help cover the time and expense of maintaining this site.

View James' You Tube Videos
Re(1): Adrenal Tonic Ingregients
IP: 68.227.23.87

Hi Angel,

There are various other adaptogens that I could have used in the Adrenal Tonic but some had certain drawbacks. For example, rhodiola (Arctic root) is a stimulant and would be counter productive in people with severe adrenal fatigue to begin with.

Cordyceps comes in grades and the high grade cordyceps can exceed gold in price.

I love nettle leaf for the adrenals, although it is not really classified as an adaptogen and I was focusing on the adaptogens I have worked with and knew worked great.

One adaptogen I would have added to the powder is jiaogulan (Gynostemma) if it were not for the extreme bitterness since a lot of children also use the Adrenal Tonic. Since the Adrenal Tonic is now in capsules, so taste is not an issue I did add the jiaogulan, which is a powerful adaptogen. I also added the adaptogenic herb ashwagandha, which is calming and also supports the thyroid.

Nettle leaf can help reduce blood pressure due to the magnesium, potassium and sterol content. Although supporting the adrenals will prevent blood pressure from dropping too low as the adrenals respond to low blood pressure by releasing epinephrine to normalize blood pressure during drops.

How long it will take is an individual thing since there are variables such as how much stress is the person under? How advanced is their adrenal fatigue? Are they being subjected to substances they are allergic to? Are they using stimulants like caffeine or nicotine? Are they on steroidal medications? Etc.

Sugar and white flower really is not much of an issue for the adrenals. The only time these would overwork the adrenals would be in cases of rebound (reactive) hypoglycemia. Some protein, and fiber, with meals will reduce the risk of rebound hypoglycemia.

Caffeine on the other hand is very hard on the adrenals. Caffeine makes the adrenals work over time releasing excess epinephrine and cortisol. This can lead to adrenal fatigue. Therefore, caffeine and other central nervous system stimulants are best avoided.

James

Replies:
There have been no replies.

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.