Welcome to mrjeffrey.com's Message Board. Beginning on March 19, 2009, you must post your first and last name, as well as the school you attend or for which you teach in order to use this message board. Otherwise, your post will be deleted. :)
1984 Essay
IP: 163.150.137.112

Joshua Orr
Mr. Jeffrey
English IV-P Period 1
4 April 2012
High Treason
"I swear by God this sacred oath that to the Leader of the German empire and people, Adolf Hitler, supreme commander of the armed forces, I shall render unconditional obedience and that as a brave soldier I shall at all times be prepared to give my life for this oath" (German Army). The call to arms was emenit, every German soldier was swore to give all rights to Adolf Hitler to serve him in any means nessecary. German during the 1930’s and 40’s was profoundly the most wealthiest country in the world. They were the leading country in weapon manufacturing and also the most murderous country. Living in Germany made the people who lived there to be in fear because if any remorse or with draw to the fuhrer ment death; however, some German people wanted to fight back and set a plot to stop Hilter and his Nazi thugs from anymore desaster. In George Orwell’s novel 1984, people had no rights everyone must follow a certain protocall day in day out.

This novel, written in 1948 as Orwell’s predictions for what the condition of England in 1984 would be, centers on one of the few remaining individuals in Great Britain at the time: Winston Smith. In this dystopian society, people function as slaves to Big Brother, the ruling party of Oceania (England’s new name), who provides for a manipulated and relatively helpless people. Winston does not accept the Party’s lies as facts and is constantly striving to retain his individuality while struggling against totalitarian government. In a nation in which independent thought is condemned, Winston falls in love with a woman named Julia, despite the risk of death. Julia and Winston face a world in which no laws are necessary because the right of government to conduct itself however it wishes is unquestioned.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording