Welcome to mrjeffrey.com's Message Board. Beginning on March 19, 2009, you must post your first and last name, as well as the school you attend or for which you teach in order to use this message board. Otherwise, your post will be deleted. :)
The Crucible Anticipation Guide Part II
IP: 71.93.144.28

Alliyah Brown
Mr. Jeffrey
English III-P, Period 3
17 April 2012
Assignment 29: Anticipation Guide Part II: The Crucible
I agree that it is better to die for what you believe in rather than to lie to save your life. For example, Jesus Christ was wrongly accused, beaten, whipped, and nailed to the cross to save his people from sin and preaching the word of God. Peter, one of Jesus’ disciplines, denied being a disciple three times in order to save himself. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., John F. Kennedy, and Robert Kennedy were all shot in the head because they stood up for African American Civil Rights. Anne Frank and the Jews didn’t deny their religion when the Nazis persecuted them. The United States Navy, Marines, Army and Coast Guard sacrifice their lives everyday on the battlefield in order to protect and preserve American lives. I agree that which doesn’t destroy us only makes us stronger. In Kelly Clarkson’s “Stronger”, she talks about how about the experiences of ones life can make that person stronger physically, mentally, and/or emotionally. For example, my Grandma was diagnosed Lung Cancer a couple of years ago but until recently she recovered through many gruesome hours of treatment and chemo. Experiencing these events has strengthen our family bond, physically challenged my Grandma, and strengthen our emotionally bond with one another. Another example is when an individual is dumped by another person. This individual is heart broken, lonely, insecure, feels like the whole world is against them, and he or she will never find someone. In the end, that person finally realizes that this break up shows them to that one individual that is somewhere out there, they shouldn’t give up yet, and there is more to life than love and physical and emotional relationships with the same or opposite sex. I disagree that confessing to a crime you didn’t commit in order to avoid punishment is wise. If you confess to something you didn’t do, you take full responsibility for the actions and the person would really did the act will never learn their lesson and just keep on repeating the action. No matter what confessing to a crime that you didn’t commit can equally land you the same punishment if the individual would “man up” and take responsibility for what they did. I disagree that there is only one correct way to interpret the Bible. If we were to interpret the Bible in one way, America wouldn’t be the land of opportunity, freedom, and diversity. The different religions, views, and theories wouldn’t be able to exist in America. Mankind wouldn’t have excelled in different areas of science if we went by the Bible twenty-four seven. America would be constantly at war with other countries because we would only accept the Bible and Christianity as the one, true religion and all the other religions are wrong. We are able to coexist with one another because our government has separation of Church and State. If we didn’t, government would favor the Bible as the word of law instead of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording