We have set up a new forum at www.medcapsules.com Click here to join us. We appreciate your cooperation.

Click here If you find this information helpful, and would like to make a donation to help cover the time and expense of maintaining this site.

View James' You Tube Videos
Re(3): Many issues-Which product to start with
IP: 68.227.22.116

Hi Nan,

I am familiar with diabetes insipidus. It results from either a lack of antidiuretic hormone (ADH, vasopressin) or an inability to utilize ADH.

Anything high in potassium can act as a diuretic. Pollen has a fair amount of potassium. But it balanced by the glycyrrhizin sodium of the licorice root.

There are several herbs that are very good for supporting the pituitary. Parsley is out though since it is very high in potassium. Alfalfa leaf and seaweeds would be the best choices.

The alfalfa and seaweeds can also help with the hot flashes and provide a lot of nutrition. I would recommend adding motherwort though since this is one of the most effective herbs for hot flashes. Suma is also great for the adrenals and hormones. Suma also helps the cells utilize oxygen more efficiently so it can help with any damage to areas of the brain.

Very dry skin normally indicates hypothyroidism, dehydration or a lack of fatty acids. If your body was producing to much collagenase then one of the primary symptoms you would have would be severe osteoporosis. So I am not sure how they came up with that diagnosis.

Hair loss is also most often from hypothyroidism, which has many causes. Stress definitely contributes so you need to watch your stress levels.

Insomnia is also a symptom of hypothyroidism. Your thyroid may still need more time to build up or you may need to support your adrenals, which also affect the thyroid and would be essential in Hashimoto's thyroidosis.

Lack of libido is most often from high progesterone, low testosterone or elevated serotonin such as from the use of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs).

Reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome, fibromyalgia, demyelination, low dopamine, hormonal problems or neurological disorders of the mid-brain (tactile defensiveness) can all lead to the hypersensitivity to touch and/or light.

Without knowing more on your possible causes the best thing I can think of for you to try would be the amino acid glycine. Glycine raises gamma amino butyric acid (GABA) levels, which can help calm the nerves by inhibiting neurotransmitters. I recommend 500-1000mg three times daily at least 30 minutes before meals.

As for some of the other problems you mentioned again there is not enough information to go on, but at least this will give you a list of possibilities to look at for starters to narrow things down.

James

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.