Welcome to mrjeffrey.com's Message Board. Beginning on March 19, 2009, you must post your first and last name, as well as the school you attend or for which you teach in order to use this message board. Otherwise, your post will be deleted. :)
Anticipation guide: Crucible
IP: 71.93.137.160

Giovanni Rodriguez
Mr. Jeffrey
English III-P Period 3
19 April 2012
Anticipation Guide: #3
Is it better to die for what you believe in rather than to lie to save your life? I cannot say, I could if there were a given situation. There are some things in this world that I would die for and some that I would not. It really all just depends on the situation. Some people feel stronger and would die for something they feel strongly about things, and there are some people that wouldn’t die for anything.
The only things that I would be able to die for are Soccer, Family, and Church. Soccer because, it is my love and passion, I’d rather die than not be able to do what I absolutely love every single day for the rest of my life. If I were not allowed to do what I love then I wouldn’t have anything at all, I would have nothing to live for and I would most certainly die to keep it alive. My family is also another very important part of my life. I would do anything for my family, even if it means dying. Your family has the same blood as you; I do not know how someone could possibly turn against their own family. Even if it wasn’t immediate family I would still do anything for my family they have always been in my life and there’s nothing I wouldn’t do for them. I love all of my family members the same, and would do anything for anyone. Not only do I love my family, but I also love my God. I would sacrifice myself to him if it came to that, but I would do anything for him also. My religion is a very important aspect of my life and to my family. I have been Catholic since infancy and plan to never stop.
If I had to die for something it wouldn’t be something silly. It would have to be something I love. I would never die for something as stupid as my home, car, and money. All the material things could be replaced in life, and it’s the irreplaceable things that I would most definitely worry about because once it’s gone, it’s gone forever. The material things that I mentioned earlier can always be replaced with Insurance or just simply getting it back. In my opinion it’s ridiculous when people fight back when getting robbed. To die for something like money is just sad, because it can always be replaced, but if you were to lose a family member of course you could never replace them.
Lying to save your life, in my opinion is the most cowardly thing that anyone could ever do if and when the lie causes someone else to die. For example if it were a punishment and you lied about the person that did the crime then that’s extremely wrong and unmanly of whoever is accusing. If you commit a crime and get caught and you’re being punished for it, you have to have the backbone to man up for your wrong-doings. That is just my opinion.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording