Associated Press seeking drivers for the upcoming Republican Convention IP: 220.127.116.11 Posted on April 23, 2012 at 11:07:47 AM by Grady Snyder
I was ask to pass on the below information to Police and Fire retirees in Tampa by Marylean Miller of the Associated Press in Atlanta. This is a driver position only and does not require security or executive protection. Please feel free to pass this along to other Police and Fire retirees. Please email or call her if you have any questions.
Subject: Hiring for Republican Presidential Convention
Job description for the drivers position. The pay is $20 per hour and possibly doing two 12 hour shifts for the duration of the assignment.
Job Description (Tampa, FL)
General Statement of Duties
• Performs work in the operation of a vehicle to assure safe transportation of AP Staffers to and from Presidential Convention and to assist staffers as necessary.
• Assumes responsibility for care and maintenance of van.
• Assists passengers in getting in and out of vehicles, and other civilities.
• Performs related duties as required.
• Effectively use handheld radio.
• Other Duties as Assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of automotive equipment.
• Ability to deal effectively and patiently with others.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Experience includes the operation of large vehicles and familiarity of the city of Tampa, FL.
• Driver must possess a valid driver's license issued by the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles.
• Bilingual a plus.
• Must be 18 years of age or older, with a clean driving record.
• Must take and successfully pass a pre-employment drug test.
• Must participate and pass a background check.
Marylean Miller Admin Assistant to Regional Editor South Regional Desk Associated Press Centennial Tower 101 Marietta Street, Ste 2450 Atlanta, GA 30303 404.522.8971