Welcome to mrjeffrey.com's Message Board. Beginning on March 19, 2009, you must post your first and last name, as well as the school you attend or for which you teach in order to use this message board. Otherwise, your post will be deleted. :)
Assignment 29: Anticipation Guide “The Crucible”
IP: 163.150.137.68

Taylor Ragland
Mr. Jeffrey
English III-P, Period 3
24 April 2012

Assignment 29: Anticipation Guide “The Crucible”

I truly believe with the statement, “It is better to die for what you believe in rather than to lie to save your life.” In life we are faced with many obstacles that may very well look to seem they can’t be overcome. The majority of the people on this planet would bow down to someone or an idea if it means they will not be harmed. The right thing to do in fact is to stick up for what you believe in, because only that will lead yourself to living a fulfilling life. Martin Luther King Jr. for example decided he was not going to accept the racial prejudice going on in the South, but instead, fought against it even though at times he found himself in some life threatening situations. Martin Luther King fought for his rights knowing that he the consequences would lead him to be beaten and thrown in jail along with the life threats he got. Their honestly is not any point in living if you are going to living your life with restrictions that you do not believe in. Family is another example that I would die for. Family to me comes before anything else. I would sacrifice my life if it saved others, whether it meant grabbing a bomb and running off with it or something of that extreme manner. I would also die for something I felt strongly about, like the Buddhist monk protesters who set themselves on fire to prove a point. To feel so strong about something, almost seems mad, but at the same time, what is the point of living if you have nothing to die or live for? Gandhi for example did not believe in material things, but believed in family, freedom, and the right to practice your own religion. Monks like Gandhi spend their whole lives not retaliating but accepting the consequences for what they love. The only thing dying for in life is life itself. This means that if you are not living life to its full potential with things you love and the freedoms you deserve it is not worth living at all. I give full respect for those who want to move to America and risk their lives doing so for a better life. What if you were in a situation where you had to risk your life to have freedom? Would you take the risk? I certainly would. Life is too short to be living in an environment with restrictions. People who lie to save their life’s are truly weak. They have no self respect for themselves. No person should give up on their dreams because everyone in this world is equal and has the ability of doing something good with their lives. That is how the world has evolved into what it is now. People fought for their rights and chased the dreams that they had imagined.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording