Welcome to mrjeffrey.com's Message Board. Beginning on March 19, 2009, you must post your first and last name, as well as the school you attend or for which you teach in order to use this message board. Otherwise, your post will be deleted. :)
letter to ms. doyle, American Mosaic Period 2 Los Osos High school
IP: 163.150.137.112

Dear Ms. Doyle,
Over the duration of this year you have taught us a lot about unconscious bias. All around us there is prejudices and no matter what people are constantly making judgments about you. What you have taught me is that sometimes people donít really mean what they say but that sometimes people just donít really know how serious what there saying is. I think that a lot of what you taught has a positive effect on people.
I enjoyed learning about different stereo types and how people categorize others. I noticed that I myself have been doing that for so long without even realizing what I was doing. I think your presentations were important to help people realize and consciously make decisions about others. I have learned that acceptance is important in society and that you have to be aware of change to be accepting of others. I think I have seen a significant change in myself from the beginning of the year. I have become more accepting and less judgmental of others around me. I am now consciously aware of when I judge someone but have noticed that after each presentation my judgments get less and less harsh. I am very grateful for this because I can now catch myself categorizing and putting people into my own personal buckets. I am grateful that I have all the knowledge you have given me to take back into the world. I think that this has made me more educated and accepting of the world around me. I have learned to perceive the world in more of a positive aspect so thank you for giving me that.
Sincerely,

Kaela Pangburn

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording