Welcome to mrjeffrey.com's Message Board. Beginning on March 19, 2009, you must post your first and last name, as well as the school you attend or for which you teach in order to use this message board. Otherwise, your post will be deleted. :)
Letter To Ms. Doyle
IP: 163.150.137.112

Jada Dixon
American Mosaic Period 2

Dear Ms. Doyle:

I will be the first to say that it has been such a pleasure to have you. Before you arrived I had no clue what it meant to be unconsciously bias, but now Iím practically teaching it to my own family. Itís amazing to think of how much you have changed my perspective of all the different ethnicities. I have always been so guarded when it came to the acceptance of Caucasians because I felt as if they werenít worthy of my acceptance due to the things theyíve done in the past. However, when you came along I came to realize that not all Caucasians have the same intentions and that some even stood against racism and treated blacks with the respect that every human being deserves.

There are so many different things that I have enjoyed about all of your teachings, but the thing that out to me the most was the activity that we did online about our ethnic preferences. It took me by surprise when I saw how many people had a special preference for Europeans and even tried to pretend they didnít have that preference. The only reason I didnít believe half of the people who said that it was true is because Iíve seen peopleís actions in this class and the comments theyíve made. I definitely see the difference that is being made in this class, but I choose not to announce it in order to keep a peaceful atmosphere. Also because I could be wrong, I could be overanalyzing, but I donít often do that.

Iíve realized my unconscious bias inside of school and out. I try not to be so judgmental of all the different people because I have no idea what they are like or what theyíve been through. Before this year I never gave people a chance to change my thoughts about them, and now I do it on the regular basis. No matter what ethnicity someone is. I have seen so many biases in this society that I never really recognized before. Such as, the prejudice that is against Obama mostly for his race and I have even heard people refer to him as a monkey (Caucasian people per say). Another incident that I saw a lot of bias in was Trayvon Martinís murder and all of the biases that were shown leading up to his death. I wonít get into detail because I think you know exactly what I mean.

With all that being said I am thankful for all of your hard work trying to get us all to understand what the world is really like. I donít know where my understanding would be if you hadnít came along. Youíve really made a big difference in my life and I appreciate you for that. I wish you luck in all that you do and I hope that you continue to touch peopleís hearts and transform them the way youíve done for me.

Sincerely;

Jada Dixon

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording