Welcome to mrjeffrey.com's Message Board. Beginning on March 19, 2009, you must post your first and last name, as well as the school you attend or for which you teach in order to use this message board. Otherwise, your post will be deleted. :)
Dear Ms. Doyle
IP: 163.150.137.112

Dear Ms. Doyle,

I want to start off by saying thank you for coming into our class a few times and taking time out of your days to teach the class about how diverse this world really is. I appreciate the activities you had us do and the lessons that you taught us. I have to say I enjoyed basically every presentation you had for us. I really do enjoy voicing my opinion and debating about controversial topics like the ones we touched on throughout your presentations. The activity that had the biggest impact on me was probably the “Just Like Me” activity we did. It really showed how diverse people are yet they have a lot of things in common. I felt a bit more comfortable with my classmates after seeing how much we all had in common. We had more in common than I thought. I guess that’s where my unconscious bias comes in. I learned that I am unconsciously biased towards everyone I know. I put them in a bucket where there I label them by age, race, and also personality based on their appearance and how they dress. The cultural information I took in from your presentations that apply to me everyday is basically don’t judge a book by its cover. I now try my hardest to not put people in the “bucket” and actually try to get to know that person. If there are any improvements that I believe should be made, I would say to communicate with every student individually in front of the class so everyone can feel comfortable to join in the discussions. I would say just focus a little more on the students who don’t usually cooperate and try to make them feel as comfortable as possible. Everyone has an opinion and I believe everyone should speak their mind. It just takes others more time or dedication for them to feel more comfortable in able to open up.

Sincerely,
Victor Mercado

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording