Welcome to mrjeffrey.com's Message Board. Beginning on March 19, 2009, you must post your first and last name, as well as the school you attend or for which you teach in order to use this message board. Otherwise, your post will be deleted. :)
Letter to Ms. Doyle
IP: 163.150.137.112

May 17, 2012
Dear Ms. Doyle,

I just wanted to say thank you for coming to our class all the time this year and explaining to us all about our prejudices and unconscious biases. I really enjoyed having you in class this year because you always had fun activities for us to do that expressed our inner feelings. I think the activity that had the biggest impact on me was when we went outside to the stage and did the privileges activity and it showed were all the people were in life and how the white people were a lot more ahead of the black people and it made me feel very sad for the under privileged black people. I found out about my unconscious bias that I prefer white people over a lot of the other different races and thatís probably because I am more comfortable being around white people. I think that you have helped me to become more comfortable around all the races thought by the end of the year though and I appreciate that because it is going to help me in life as I go through college and onto a job and just in general pretty much. The cultural information that you presented to us was very helpful because it allowed me to see how other people felt and not just how I felt. It opened up my eyes more and is really going to change me through my life and its all because of you! I just wanted to say thank you again!

Sincerely,

Jordan Ashley

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording