Welcome to mrjeffrey.com's Message Board. Beginning on March 19, 2009, you must post your first and last name, as well as the school you attend or for which you teach in order to use this message board. Otherwise, your post will be deleted. :)
Dear Ms. Doyle
IP: 163.150.137.112

Dear Ms. Doyle,

You are honestly one of the most interesting and knowledgeable people I have ever had the honor of meeting. I have enjoyed every single one of your monthly presentations. I learned many new things every single time you came in. The aspect that I liked most about your monthly presentations is that every time we had the pleasure of having you for the day, we discussed and learned about a new topic. It ranged from the basics of unconscious bias to applying those aspects to real life scenarios. The activity that had the most affect on me was the “Just Like Me” activity. It was wonderful to see what I had in common with all of the other people in my class. It was also very interesting to learn about different aspects of people that you can not necessarily see from the outside. That was the best activity we did all year, from my point of view. My buckets were definitely changed by your presentations. I had many unconscious biases that were thrown out the window because of you. I walk through life everyday now looking at people differently. I don’t judge them by what they are wearing anymore, or what their face looks like. I take a step back and think what that person’s life is all about and what they have been through. I think about all the things that you’ve taught me throughout the year and use that to place someone in a certain bucket. In my opinion, you are the perfect person for this job and you could help thousands of people around the country. You have truly changed my life and you are one of the few people that genuinely have the power to change the world. Please keep up your good work and doing what you do. You are an amazing teacher and speaker. You are a motivator and someone that can make another person take a step back and go, “Hmm.” With the knowledge you have now, imagine if you were alive to give Hitler or the entire KKK a couple presentations on unconscious bias. You have changed the world Ms. Doyle and I look up to you as an amazing woman.
Next year, I am headed to West Point which is the United States Military Academy. When I graduate in 4 years, I will be commissioned into the United States Army as a 2nd Lieutenant. I pray that I will be able to get a hold of you by then, and possibly have you come do a couple of your spectacular presentations to my soldiers. I wish you luck in all that you do and keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

Koa LaBonta

P.S.

I still feel white when I dance though!

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording