Welcome to mrjeffrey.com's Message Board. Beginning on March 19, 2009, you must post your first and last name, as well as the school you attend or for which you teach in order to use this message board. Otherwise, your post will be deleted. :)
Letter to Ms. Doyle
IP: 163.150.137.112

Dear Ms. Doyle,
Thank you so much for coming into our class to discuss important topics that would not normally be covered in school. You have opened my mind as well as my peers to a lot of controversial material that will change the way we think and the way we act towards others. Each lesson was eye opening and had a deep impact on me. The exercise on the stage was the one that got to me the most; it was hard seeing my friends who are not white taking so many steps backwards and even stepping off the stage. I felt really horrible; what have they done to deserve that poor treatment and hurt? Even in this century, where we should all be considered equal and others should not be treated greater or less than the person next to them. There were some students that are white, which thought of you as being racist. To me it did not seem that way; to me it was simply pure evidence that the white people have better lives, more opportunities and fewer obstacles to face. At times I am sure that there were certain examples and activities that made that Caucasians in the classroom feel like they were being bashed but I know that it was not in that manner, it was just what others have experienced and still continue to experience. Every module that we studied will forever have an impact on me and the way I approach, treat and view others. Thank you again for all the time you took out of your days and for the valuable lessons you shared with us.

Sincerely,
Bailey Golden, LOHS

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording