Welcome to mrjeffrey.com's Message Board. Beginning on March 19, 2009, you must post your first and last name, as well as the school you attend or for which you teach in order to use this message board. Otherwise, your post will be deleted. :)
Dear Ms.Doyle
IP: 163.150.137.112

Dear Ms.Doyle,
Throughout my four years in high school I have not attended a class that has taught me more about diversity more then American Mosaic! This is because you made time to come talk to us once or twice a week. So let me start off by thanking you for this. You really have taught me a lot of things about my unconscious bias and how people think. One thing I discovered about my own unconscious bias is that I tend to attach stereotypes to certain ethnic groups. This is wrong and I now know I have to change that about myself. You have taught me this through all the activities and lectures you gave us! One activity that had the biggest impact on me is that activity where you placed stickers on the back of people and then people will tell us stuff regarding our stereotype sticker. This activity made me realize the harsh words and thoughts people can have toward an ethnicity. The sad part is that this probably happens everyday in the world. This being said I learned a lot from your lectures because everything you said does happen everyday in this world! I do see people being discriminated against everyday because of their ethnicity such the case of Travoyn Martin getting killed for walking with a hoodie on. These lectures you teach and these activities you had us do should be done by everyone so people can realize the horrifying effects of discrimination! One thing I would advise you to improve on is just to come more often. With that being said I thank you again for all you have done. Your lectures and activities have a great impact on me!
Sincerely,
Omar Khalaf LOHS

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording