Welcome to mrjeffrey.com's Message Board. Beginning on March 19, 2009, you must post your first and last name, as well as the school you attend or for which you teach in order to use this message board. Otherwise, your post will be deleted. :)
Letter to Ms. Doyle
IP: 163.150.137.112

Dear Ms. Doyle,

The teachings in our class this year have really thought me a lot about how we judge people and the way our society acts. Your monthly presentations really have inspired me to no longer judge people the way I use too. I have honestly still caught myself trying to put people in buckets as soon as I meet them but thatís just our nature its something difficult to change but with your teachings I have learned to control myself from putting people in my buckets. And what really opened my eyes was when we did the activity outside on the stage and seeing Mark go back so far that he was no longer on the stage some people might have just found that funny but it really impacted me because the way we treat people in our society is truly unfair and thatís what our society needs to work on becoming more fair. What I have learned from my own unconscious bias is that I do tend to favor certain people more then others and that I donít like certain ethnicities then others but after your monthly visits and the messages you gave us I have gotten rid of most of those biases and the few left that I have I am trying to get under control so that I will longer have any biases towards any ethnicities. The buckets that we categorize people in has affected me most because we always do this instantly when we meet new people and I worked long and hard to finally be able to tell when I am putting people in buckets. The only suggestions that I have for you that I would thought would have been more helpful was if you came more to the class

Sincerely,
David Soto

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording