Welcome to mrjeffrey.com's Message Board. Beginning on March 19, 2009, you must post your first and last name, as well as the school you attend or for which you teach in order to use this message board. Otherwise, your post will be deleted. :)
letter
IP: 163.150.137.112

Dear Miss Doyle,

I, Jazmine Gutierrez, was new to this class this semester, and I came into to this class clueless as to what I was going to confront. The topics were quite riveting which induced a sense of confusion and uncertainty. I eagerly waited for your visits because I awaited the complex topics that forced me to genuinely think what my stance was, on the topic. I adored the idea of challenging my headstrong values. The activity that really impacted me the most was the activity in which we created the paper chains. This activity exploited the charismas of all the students in the groups. The students would cry out in joy because they had an abundance of material whilst, the other unfortunately lacked materials to create the paper chain. The groups that were in need of materials solemnly stared at those who had the resources to create the paper chain, whereas my group, the group with the large quantity of materials, mocked the others. Many were angered and disputing with one another causing the students to shake their heads at such injustice. I nevertheless thought the circumstance was laughable and quite amusing which kindled a sense of annoyance to those around our group. One group attempted to snatch a stapler out of our group creating chaos and disturbance within our group. My group reacted and attacked the other group and exhibited the selfishness and greed. I discovered that I do unconsciously pinpoint factors about others. Miss Doyle indeed allowed me to access my unconscious biases and has allowed me to catch those humiliating prejudices.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording