Welcome to mrjeffrey.com's Message Board. Beginning on March 19, 2009, you must post your first and last name, as well as the school you attend or for which you teach in order to use this message board. Otherwise, your post will be deleted. :)
Re(1): The Crucible-JFKMCHS
IP: 50.105.14.143

I do not think confessing to a crime you didn't commit in order to avoid a punishment is wise. I think this because I believe honesty is important. I do not think you should lie especially just to avoid the consequences. If I didn't do something I would not take the blame. Taking the blame can you in trouble in the long run because it makes you look like a liar. I also think that the person who did commit the crime should receive the appropriate punishment. They need to learn so they do not repeat the same mistakes. I believe if you do not suffer the consequences you deserve that you will not learn and you will think you can get away with everything. I believe this is a big problem in the world today. I feel that you can pay your way out of trouble. I understand someone to confess to a crime if it was someone they love. However, I still do not feel that it is right. I believe if the truth is told things will go much smoother. I believe the phrase “the truth will set you free”. I have heard that the person who actually commits the crime if they confess they can get a shorter sentence. I would not want someone to take the blame for me. It could ruin their life and reputation forever. I would feel bad if someone to the blame for me. If you didn't do anything wrong, I don't think you should have to deal with the punishment. I do not see confessing to a crime you didn't do wise at all. I know it is probably hard watching the ones you love go through that.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording