NYTVF and History Channel offer $10K Development Deal. Free to enter! IP: 188.8.131.52 Posted on November 7, 2012 at 03:26:10 PM by nytvf
History and the NYTVF awarding development deals for original unscripted, reality and doc TV programming.
Submit your casting tape and series concept for the opportunity to receive funding, win $10k and participate in pilot production with History.
The History Unscripted Development Pipeline
History, home of factual entertainment hits including PAWN STARS and AMERICAN PICKERS, is collaborating with the NYTVF on a new initiative to give independent artists and production companies a chance to develop fresh unscripted programming for cable's number two network.
Unscripted formats of all genres are welcome. Submissions should focus on charismatic male characters living in surprising worlds or with fresh points of view. Male-skewed docusoaps featuring buddies, groups of guys and extended families working together are of interest, as are "Man vs. Nature" themes and game shows.
FREE to submit. Just include:
* A short treatment (1-2 pages) describing your original unscripted format.
* A brief video (2-4 minutes) introducing your subject(s).
* One winner will receive $10,000 and an opportunity to work with History Programming to produce a pilot presentation of their winning submission.
* Twenty-five semi-finalists will be reviewed by the network with five finalists receiving development funding to produce additional tape.
* All 25 finalists will receive designation as 2013 NYTVF Official Artists and an exclusive invitation to participate in the 9th annual New York Television Festival, held in NYC in 2013. Details here: http://www.nytvf.com/artists.html
Monday, February 25, 2013 (noon EST)
For more details and to download an Entry Packet visit: http://www.nytvf.com/2013_history_pipeline.html
About the NYTVF:
The NYTVF is a pioneer of the independent television movement, connecting its community of over 12,000 independent creative artists with leading networks, studios, agencies, production companies and brands. In 2012 alone, the NYTVF handed out over 25 network and studio development deals to independent artists totaling nearly $500,000 in production and development funding.
Full details on the NYTVF here: www.nytvf.com<http://www.nytvf.com>. See a list of 2012 NYTVF partners here: http://www.nytvf.com/sponsors.html.
Current NYTVF initiatives:
NYTVF is also currently accepting original comedy and drama submissions for these initiatives:
* Voice and Vision: The NBC Drama Challenge
* Comedy Central Short Pilot Competition
Get all the details here: http://www.nytvf.com/submit.html
Stay in the loop on upcoming NYTVF initiatives:
* Join us on Facebook (facebook.com/nytvf)
* Follow us on Twitter (@nytvf) Replies: