Welcome to mrjeffrey.com's Message Board. Beginning on March 19, 2009, you must post your first and last name, as well as the school you attend or for which you teach in order to use this message board. Otherwise, your post will be deleted. :)
dont confess to it if you did'nt do it
IP: 99.74.40.189

what is there to confess?

I read the statement “confessing to a crime you did not commit in order to avoid punishment is wise” and immediately after I had to share my own opinion on that statement. I felt moved by it because I would hate for someone I love to feel as though lying is the only escape out of a serious crime they did not do. Moreover, I don’t see how any justice system could promote such action. Here is why I so passionately feel that confessing to a crime you did not commit is not a wise act.
With the way the social media system is set up many may have the impression that committing to a crime in order to avoid punishment is wise. However, it is not in my eyes, I disagree with it completely. I feel as though it is unjust and unfair for ones to feel as if it is the only way. There are only a few reasons why people commit to crimes they are not guilty of. Either to protect a loved one, or to protect themselves. This is not necessarily wise. However, as I said before, it is what social media makes cool. By giving off the impression, that snitching or ratting out a friend is always wrong. In many cases, investigators and lawyers may make a suspect feel as though admitting to an undone crime is the only way out. In addition, depending on the suspects’ legacy or whatever it is they may stand for, it is ultimately his choice. I feel as if it is against the American principals of justice to allow someone take heat for something they did not do. Whether that heat is a bad name, or 50 years in prison. If you did not do it, it is the justice systems responsibility to prove that true. Now if this person is ok with the choice they have made, then so be it. They may live better or worse. Or they may not care at all. On the other hand they should keep in mind that they are part of the reason why so many wholes are being poked in the laws and the way justice should be served. Just think about it, if you do commit to a crime you know you didn’t do, your letting the real perp off easy. So we have one more criminal walking around here that hasn’t been delt with. How cool is that? Not cool at all.
Bottom line is, being wise is different from going with the easy way out. If you’re a person who does believe in teaching lessons and making examples then maybe you have the potential to be wise. But don’t allow manipulation to keep dirt on the law.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording