Welcome to mrjeffrey.com's Message Board. Beginning on March 19, 2009, you must post your first and last name, as well as the school you attend or for which you teach in order to use this message board. Otherwise, your post will be deleted. :)
Deep Thoughts Respnse
IP: 98.69.150.64

Keidra Burris
Ms. Katherine O’Boyle
English III Honors
September 9, 2013
“The difference between right and wrong is clear.” This is the first statement that I agree with. In the United States there are a set of laws and amendments that can be found in the Constitution or in other documents. There shouldn’t be any reason why someone should unknowingly get punished for a crime that they did if it is written for all citizens to see. When a child is born, they are taught what is right and what is wrong. Of course as that child gets older, they learn more and more things, therefore the difference between right and wrong is very clear.
“It is better to die for what you believe in rather than to lie to save your life.” This statement immediately reminded me of the great story of Julius Caesar. Marcus Brutus, one of the main characters of the story, allows someone to kill him after his defeat in Philippi. Brutus was praised soon after his death and considered a hero because he cared so much for his city. This story that was written centuries ago is the main reason why I believe that this statement is true.
“That which doesn’t destroy us only makes us stronger”. This is a phrase that I hear all the time, especially one someone is going through a hard time. It can be something small like, getting an “F” on your math test, which only makes you want to work harder, and making you a better student. It can also refer to someone who is having a hard time making friends, so they become more social, and getting a ton of friends after a long time of being lonely. I’ve seen many more examples applied this statement, making me believe that it is certainly true.
“It’s more difficult to forgive yourself if the person you have hurt doesn’t forgive you.” I find it true to really forgive what you did to someone if it is constantly being told to your face by the person you have hurt. Having that constant reminder makes someone never forget what you have done, making it hard for you to forget it. Personally for me, it is hard for me to realize that I have hurt someone. There are other people who may feel the same way once they have hurt someone’s feelings.
“Courage means doing something even though it can be difficult and fearsome”. Whenever I think of courage, I think of the opposite of fear, almost bravery. Courage is defined as: the quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, danger, pain, etc., without fear; bravery. (Dictionary) It is more than being brave, but having the mindset that everything is going to be okay, even though you have some doubt in mind.
“A person is innocent until proven guilty.” I have heard this quote several times, especially when it comes to law. When someone is accused of committing a crime, they are not immediately put into jail when they are in court. Once the person is proven guilty by the judge, then they are considered guilty.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording