Welcome to mrjeffrey.com's Message Board. Beginning on March 19, 2009, you must post your first and last name, as well as the school you attend or for which you teach in order to use this message board. Otherwise, your post will be deleted. :)
The Crucible Anticipation/Reaction Guide
IP: 184.90.160.224

Is it better to die for what you believe in rather than to lie to save your life?

Would you die for something you believe in? Or instead would you rather lie to save your own life so you can live? This is a question that is hard to answer. People may say that there are expectations or actually choose one of these options. Some people might even say you shouldnít believe in anything at all. Letís go more in depth on this question and see our thoughts by the end of this response.
Would you die for what you believe in? Maybe youíll die for your religion that you believe in strongly. Maybe you will die for a dream you have or even a friend or family member. No matter what the reason is, is it better to die for what you believe in because at least you know you stood up for what you believe in? Maybe you would take a bullet for any of your family members and your best friend. But then again do you think they would do the same for you?
Maybe youíre someone who wants to live rather than die because of your beliefs. So maybe you rather lie to save your own life or someone elseís. Maybe you are in a situation where a killer holds you hostage and tells you if you call the cops on him then he will kill your parents. You might lie to authorities so your parents donít get killed because you care about them. The main thing is fear or getting hurt. We donít want to see people we care about getting hurt or even ourselves. Another thing is that some of us fear about what people might think about our beliefs so we lie so we can fit in the crowd.
If you lie to save your life then you would have this guilt for lying for the rest of your life. You escaped a death by lying but then maybe that other person stood up for what they believed in or for someone they loved. Wouldnít it make that person who stood up for what they believed in more of a hero? And what would you look like? Some evil villain or someone who is cold hearted that cannot stand up for what they believe in.
I rather die for a good reason, not because I got murder for no reason. I donít want to die because I got a in an accident nor because I died in my sleep. I want to die for a good reason, something that I believe in or for someone I love. Like Martin Luther King, he died while trying to make a difference because he believed in something important. Or like how Romeo and Juliet died for each other because they loved each other. When itís my time to die, I want to be remember and not because a sad reason but something that will impact lives and change peopleís lives for the better. So now tell me is it better to die for what you believe in rather than to lie to save your life?

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording