Hydrofracking at town hall Posted on January 10, 2014 at 02:01:58 PM by CHEMICALS
WE DO KNOW THE CHEMICALS USED?
CHEMICAL ADDITIVES - 0.5%.
1. acids - helps dissolve minerals - used in swimming pools.
2. Sodium chloride - allows a delayed breakdown of gel polymer chains- table salt.
3. polyacrylamide - minimizes the friction between pipes and fluids - water treatment and soil conditioner.
4. guar gum seeds- thickens the water to suspend the sand. - thickener in cosmetics, baking goods, ice cream, tooth paste, sauces...
5. citric acid - prevents metal oxides - used in food additives, beverages lemon juice.
6. Isopropanol - used to increase the viscosity of the fracture fluid. - also used in antiperspirant, hair coloring.
7. Glutaraldehyde - eliminates bac.
8. Sodium/potassium carbonate - maintains effectiveness of other compounds - detergent soap, water softener
9.Borate salts - maintains fluid viscosity as temperature increases - used in laundry soap, cosmetics.
I left out some. But remember this.
if this list bothers u to the point that you are against ALL hydroplaying, then you should read what it takes to make that electric motor for that electric window in your car. Guess what acids are needed to frack for the neodymium oxide needed to manufacture the magnets for the electric motors...
Where does the tire wear dust compounds, and the brake dust compounds go. Into the poor lake. How could you?