Re(1): (no subject)
IP: 184.14.52.15

Glad to see your post Richard. This is our 10th year of reunions and we have lost many of our friends and relatives that attended, some more than once. So if you get a chance, don't put it off, come on and get registered. It is definitely our family reunion. And we have several people attend each year who have never been there before. Don't miss it. We all grew up in the same environment and it is so good to share those memories. The fee of 25.00 provides the dinner on Sunday, picnic on Saturday and all the gifts we try to award. Also Remember to bring anything new you would like to donate on Sunday to be shared in our gifts to give out. Also, Saturday is the great day of a performance you will really enjoy. Denzil Miller is the auctioneer and Pat Aker Walker is his helper. Bring something new, old, funny or serious and wrap it in beautiful paper or newspaper. They auction it off and sometimes there is money wrapped in some of those packages. Most all of us are on a fixed income, so the bidding starts at $1.00. Then of course there are some of those people who have saved up for this day, and run the bids up. We have so much fun, don't miss it. You can pay your registration at the door on either day to Sheila or Lou. Of course we take the tour to Glen Alum on Saturday. You don't pay anything for that. Those memories that come flooding back when you ride down the holler are the most free and best ones you may ever have. Just as a reminder, Sheila Miller, Lou Callaway and I hang together each year, some years slower than before, but we try to stretch the donations and money from the auction to provide good days and times for everyone. So bring those gifts and donate a dollar or two when you send in your registration. Sheila posts the donations and financial statements every year for everyone to see. We do not receive anything for our work, we just decided to carry on each year, until we are down to any small number in attendance, serving beans and cornbread. Ted Lockard told me one time he would be there till the last reunion and so did Robin Croaff. Unfortunately, we lost Ted and Robin a couple of years ago. But I can assure you they are remembered each year as are the other people who have passed. Well, I have written a small book, but I am known to get carried away when it comes to Glen Alum We will be looking for you all.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording