Re(1): Det "A" Phu Bai
IP: 206.127.117.23

A couple of notes from my time at Phu Bai Tom. I got a nice email from one of the Marines I worked with at Phu Bai. He and I remember finding a clump of explosive with a L shaped fuse behind the heater between our bunks. The heat from the heater softened the explosive and the fuse turned upside down and did not work. EOD found out they were bringing in the explosives on the bottom of their shoes as it was full of red mud.. He also remembers me buying a Machine Pistola veirzig (MP-40) 9mm submachine run from one of the Marines. I carried that MP-40 for the next year and a half in Vietnam. Finally, we both got to meet a correspondent named Bernard Fall Feb 1967 that accompanied the Marines on operation Chinook II along Highway one from Phu Bai to Hue to Quang Tri. Mr. Fall was killed buy a mine which I remember well. I read two of his books after Vietnam Street Without Joy and Hell In A Very Small Place. This is just about all I remember about Phu Bai Tom but glad I can at least remember that.... Cheers Bill

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording