At one point in time, Misty Mountain stood opposite of Rainbow Cliff, and these rose to the sky as the only peaks in Blossom Forest. Since the magical change of the land, an entire chain of peaks rose from the bowels of the earth to become the Culter Unlaeddod - the Teeth of the Gods. Misty Mountain is still of the peaks, but many others exist as well. They run from north to south, from east to west. Atop some of the peaks, snow covers them year round, making the paths slippery and hazardous. Others are lower in altitude and are extremely humid, covered in thick, dense forests with mists swirling between each of the trunks. Others still are bare - naked boulders rising and falling haphazardly.

These chains of peaks do connect many of the packs, and they hold many things to explore - forbidden forests, deep and mysterious caves, beautiful scenic cliffs. However, one must have care - if you fall, it is a long, long, long way down...

Due to the varying terrains, many prey options are available. For those scared of injury, you may find ptarmigans, ravens, crows, squirrels, dormice, or rabbits. The adults hunting alone can find mountain goats... but for those hunting in a pack, there are elk, moose, and Bighorn Sheep.

Refresh/Reload

Do all you can to make your dreams come true
IP: 209.6.242.74

Joel romped up the montainside, jumping high into the air and soaring over rocks. He needed to stretched his legs, especially after all that walking, and this was fun! The brown brute remembered how in his old pack, far away from these mountains, his parents used to shake their heads at his lightheartedness, but here, surely he could do whatever he wished, right? That was what that big white wolf said in the beginning.

Joel burst noisily through some ferns and stared at the challenge before him. A puddingstone, perhaps two times his height. Joel twitched his snow-white ears. How easy! I can clear that. After all, back in my old pack I was the jumping champion! Joel gazed up at the rock once more, then crouched down and leaped into the air, his tail arched and his paws stretched before him. He landed on the uneven surface somewhat ungracefully, and he skirted forward on top of the rock, full of adrenaline and panting. He glanced down at his paw pads. Puddingstones weren't the best thing to land roughly on. My poor pads. At least they aren't bleeding, like when I tried to clear that burnt tree.

A howl rung through the air, low and sad. Joel perked his ears. Is someone lost? I wouldn't be surprised, seeing how there's so much fog. Joel leaned his head back and howled in return. Hi! I'm here too! And while I don't guess I'm really lost, I don't really know where I am either. He paused. The howl came from above, higher up the mountains, where the fog was thicker. Should he risk it? Or should he wait for another howl?

Joel usually acted without thinking the whole thing through, so of course he ran up the mountainside, dodging rocks and trees and scaling large rocks, until the scent of wolf became more defined. A male, but not from any pack he knew. Probably not from any pack at all. Like me.

"Hello? Anyone there? My name's Joel. I heard your howl, too… I howled back."

Replies:
  • closed post -

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording