Susil Crags

Disaster has struck!
The Crags are a series of rocky formations with small caves and crevices throughout. Many of the lower-lying areas of the Crags have been flooded, however, with water pouring in from the Northern stretches of Moladion. Some paths have been completely submerged, and some are nothing more than a few rocky peaks sticking out of the water. The water is fairly slow moving but begins to pick speed up towards the Grotto, becoming a series of intense rapids and waterfalls as it nears the Grotto's entrance.

The area itself is still traversible. However, it can be risky. Large amounts of debris can enter the waterway, creating bridges at times but also creating dams that break and cause ocassional flash-flooding. Be careful, travelers! One wrong step and you could end up finding out where the water goes.

Note: Susil Crags will return to normal once 25 posts have been completed (or at Staff discretion). During this time, new threads will receive a 'Surprise','Disaster', and prizes.

Return to Lunar Children

into these animals we grew,
IP: 120.149.119.230




Outside, that's where he needed to be or so he figured at least. Glorall had become a tomb of sorts, or at least it had begun to feel as such during the last week or two. Without Caligula, it became almost frustrating to tend to the daily chores that being an alpha entitled. It seemed almost... pointless at times, until he remembered the rest of the pack and his children at least. Very quickly, his sadness had begun to manifest itself in the form of frustration and at times, even anger. For that reason, he had taken to the outlands come the afternoon, refusing to allow his bad mood to detrimentally affect those around him. Of course, those around him did not necessarily involve loners. He'd always thought they had been fools for refusing pack life so what did it matter if he stepped on some paws today?

If there were one thing more frustrating than the senselessness of others, though, it was the senselessness of hunger during such a time. He could have been hunting for Caligula and Maradona or tending to his pack in an effort to appear just as composed as ever but no... instead, he prowled through the crags with a stomach twisted into the knot of hunger. His nose searched for blood or sickness, sniffing wearily at the stone and wind as he made his way towards the sound of water. Many creatures came to and from Glorall from such a place, following the river in a foolish giddiness. Whereas the shores were lush with tall green grass, the shores were also abundant with the paw-prints of canine and feline alike. His, too, now joined the fray as he caught wind of blood.

He paused for a moment, sinking down into the grass as he crept forward with effortless grace. How delightfully mind numbing to succumb to instinct, he had to admit, and to merely cruise through the grass at an easy lope until he heard the commotion ahead. Splashing, fringed by the sound of rasping breaths - he knew there were no alligators this far from Iromar, so what could it have been? Wolf, he supposed, considering the lack of feline scent in the area. Curiosity had gotten the best of him and finally, his head darted above the fringe of grass, instantly twisting to watch the scene unfold not too far in front of him. He remembered her surprisingly well, the behemoth woman from Diveen who had spoken with such an air of ... illusion, he supposed was the best word for it. It seemed whereas her words had been a gentle way to be bitten, she had teeth all too sharp behind that smile. So, why not test the waters?

Whatever it was, he felt shockingly confident as he plowed forward. What did it matter if she grew mad at his intrusion? Would she rather drown or lose her prey to the current? Hunger was hunger, and it was that they seemed to share this day. Whereas she was the punch, he was the bullet; he had been fast to enter the fray, a blur of white as he launched towards the buck. Even in the waters, he managed to maintain his footing well enough, his weight lending him the advantage as he forced himself to dodge each potential kick. He had not known of the limp but regardless, he dove straight for the limb, intending to grasp it - be it hoof or hock - and begin to pull back. Surely, with the two of them latched on to behind, they could very well drag the buck back to the shore kicking and screaming. Once that happened, then they'd be able to work out their differences... or not.



tesseract


Replies:


Post a reply:
Name:
Subject:
Message:
Password To Edit Post:



Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2020