Whortleberry Press
Re(2): How did you like the James Blish story?

Marian, I'm so happy you enjoyed Blish. I,too, think he is very enjoyable. Alas, I don't have a lot of choice in which stories I pick, as I must stick to the ones that are out of copyright.
As to the cover, I didn't see it. But in the 50s, the cover was almost _required_ to have "the three B's." That was The BEM (meaning Bug Eyed Monster,) the Babe and the Blaster (some kind of weapon with fire coming out of it.)
You are indeed right about Blish's attitude toward women. That was the Dark Side of the 1950s -- a lousy time for women. Magazine fans wrote letters to their favorite mags saying which stories they liked and which they didn't -- a very helpful clue to publishers, of course. BUT if you were a girl fan, don't sign your "girly" first name. Use your initials or your letter will never be published. I was so proud one month when I won the prize for the best letter -- signed with my first initials, of course!

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Looking for a good book? Find it here!
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording