2015 Early XC Preview IP: 22.214.171.124 Posted on January 3, 2015 at 00:48:41 AM by runtowin
Hope everybody had a happy New Year's, figured that I would put out the early quick look at 2015 XC. Of course it's early and lots can change, but it's fun to take a look before we start track. Enjoy!
Early LA City 2015 XC Preview
1) El Camino Real: Won this year handily, and they return 6 of 7
2) Monroe: Lots of returners from varsity and F/S, with 6 at 17:04 or better
Would like to get back to top of podium.
3) Granada Hills: Very good top 4 returning, will need to work on depth to
4) Palisades: Great top 2 returning, and then over 17:00. Lots of depth will help.
5) Santee (tie): Didn't run as well as they hoped in finals, but plenty returning
5) San Pedro (tie): Solid top 3 returning, and 3 of top 4 will be juniors. Need to
work on depth to have shot.
Individuals: Defending champ Luevano (Venice) and top 10 State meet performer
Garcia (Marshall) should do battle again. Watch out for youngsters Estrada (ECR), and
Pollack and Hamer (Palisades). Ramirez (Eagle Rock) had a breakout year.
1) Granada Hills: 3 return at sub 20:00 including favorite Realegeno. Will need
to work on 4 and 5 to be able to hold off Dolphins.
2) Palisades: Won 2 in a row and has great depth returning, but only one under 20:00
and no Williams, Marsh, and DeSilva will make it tough
3) Bravo Medical Magnet: Great top 2 return and decent depth could lead them to shot
4) San Pedro: Decent depth from varsity return along with good frosh/soph group, but no
more Nunez, Cameron, and Hegge and no one under 20:00.
5) Birmingham: Salas leads them at under 20 minutes, but no one else under 21:00.
Individuals Realegeno and Macias (Granada) are the fastest returners, with league foe
Page (Clevelnad) close behind. Bravo's duo of Castillo and Gonzalez were both under 20:00,
while Cruz (University) was the fastest frosh in City Finals.