We have set up a new forum at www.medcapsules.com Click here to join us. We appreciate your cooperation.

Click here If you find this information helpful, and would like to make a donation to help cover the time and expense of maintaining this site.

View James' You Tube Videos
Urinary tract infections relate to Paraplegia
IP: 108.129.54.145

Hi James, I am in a perdicament. I am 58 and I am a T-10 para for almost 35 years. About 20 years ago related to UTIs a "urologist" treated me for an infection. He gave me an antibiotic for a week to get rid of it which I had never heard of before. It didn't, so he gave it to me again and again and again. Into my 4th week I scratched my little toe getting into the tub and by the next week I had to go to the Emergency room, because the infection was running up my leg so quickly the doc told me that if he couldn't stop it quickly he may need to remove my leg.

It was Cipro! Kept the leg, but basically lost the bladder. I now have a Superpubic Catheter. I have been using this for about 16 years.

Now my issue is I am having UTIs all the time and it happens when I change the catheter out. I have always washed with soap then with Hdrogen peroxide and then change the catheter. It does not work any more and I know I am getting worse for it. What can I do when changeing the cathereter? Can I get away from the catheter at all? What should I be doing after the catheter is in? I am trying to be more natural and find something that works. Please help!!!!

Thanks for the help.
Craig

Replies:
There have been no replies.

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.