Whortleberry Press
Re(4): Bradbury's house demolished?

Well, I think that Jim is pretty much caught between the gatepost and the gate. Reading between the lines, you can see he is horrified by the situation. But the Bradbury Studies program he heads is fairly new. It very likely does NOT have a significant fan base to rise up against these real estate greed-hogs. The money people tend to win unless their opponents are many and dedicated. And while we Bradbury fans are dedicated, we are not yet in numbers to offset the power of the money people.
No, I sympathize with him. He said what he had to say, but it seems clear to me the words of his heart would have a very different sound.
It took a hundred years, approx., for the Keats House in London and the Keats-Shelley house in Rome to get enough support to exist.
I suspect this architect may live long enough to have his name roundly cursed by generations of people who care about literature.

-- Jean

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Looking for a good book? Find it here!
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording