Welcome to mrjeffrey.com's Message Board. Beginning on March 19, 2009, you must post your first and last name, as well as the school you attend or for which you teach in order to use this message board. Otherwise, your post will be deleted. :)
English 12 Deep Thoughts
IP: 142.129.57.178

While looking through the statements, I felt as if there was a lot of emphasis on doing questionable things for the sake of safety or security. It is true the government monitors civilians movements, locations, conversations and Internet activity, but it could save a life or two. Even if the civilian were doing something embarrassing or questionable, as long as it's not illegal nothing should happen to them. Just about a year ago I was against the idea of the government tracking everything you do, but now I have mixed feelings. I'm very open to either side of the argument so it's difficult to form an opinion when I'm rather neutral to the issue at hand. This will probably change once I actually read 1984, more than likely toward the pro-privacy side. But at the moment, I feel like the government should have access to itís civilians activities, although a line has to be drawn somewhere. Where that line is drawn, I do not know yet.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording