Whortleberry Press
News from a longtime WhP friend

If you've been reading WhP publications for a while, I'll bet you remember stories by David Perlmutter. We've had the privilege of publishing several, before he went into longer mss's.
I dropped him a note recently to ask what he's been doing, and thought you'd enjoy his response:

"-In a couple of months, I will graduate from the Library/IT program at Red River College and become an official library technician. This will, I hope, help me secure the day job working in a library that I have longed to have for a while.

-During 2014, I published two books. "The Singular Adventures of Jefferson Ball" is available in paperback from Chupa Cabra House, and consists of (up until print time) all of the adventures of my central series character, whom I have written extensively about in short stories and may move to novels provided I can find the right plotline. "America 'Toons In: A History of Television Animation" is available in print and ebook form from McFarland and Company, and is the first major publication to objectively chronicle the history of American television animation in narrative form, as far as I know. I was able to launch it at my hometown's major bookstore, which gave me a lot of pride.

-I will have a new print collection, "Certain Private Conversations and Other Stories", coming out soon from Aurora Publishing. The stories in it will be available as ebooks individually as well. All of this content is previously unpublished, because I couldn't find publishers for it before Aurora agreed to take them on.

-Also, in 2014, I attended the Society for Animation Studies (SAS) conference in Toronto and networked with other people from around the world studying animation history and theory. Turns out it's not just me doing this stuff, after all."

How cheering to hear when our WhP friends make good! Go
David -- keep up the good work and "Write on!"

-- Jean

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Looking for a good book? Find it here!
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording