Whortleberry Press
Author bios; some thoughts

I wish, when people write their author bios, they would tell the reader something about their unique self. I know the traditional bio lists the author's previous publications, and maybe states where the author lives.

As a reader, I really am not able to track down those earlier publications -- but what I'd really like to know are things like, why did the author write this story? What observations does the author have that help me know him or her as a human being?

As you may already know, one of our writers has created a fictional self, a creature from another planet who is "enjoying my visit to your nice little green planet but my visa is running out..."

This is truly senseless, but it gives me a laugh, and also gives me a clue about the author -- regardless of his/her home planet.

Just a thought as some will be writing author bios for SM6 which is grinding its way through the reading/editing process, and promises to bring enjoyment to our readers.

But what I should be asking is, "What do YOU like to read in an author bio?" Your suggestions, please.

-- Jean

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Looking for a good book? Find it here!
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording