Re(1): AGENT ORANGE EXPOSURE
IP: 76.95.98.195

My father, Anthony J. (Bruce) Bruno, CEC served 2 tours on the DMZ in Vietnam in 1968-69. His function was inspecting SeaBee equipment for safety, from Dong Ha, to Phu-by, and several other bases on the border. He was driven around from base to base by a Marine Cpl. and remembered Operation Ranch-Hand (Agent Orange, spray by Army Planes), coming down on him. I verified this with the Army, and the dates and places were correct.
After arriving back home (CBC Port Hueneme, CA), his doctor diagnosed him with Myelofibrosis. He also later developed Ureteral Cancer. The Myelofibrosis seemed to stay dormant for many years, but at the age of 66, he spent the last three months of his short life, in four medical centers (including UCLA). No one could do anything for him, and he ended up dying in a hospital bed, at midnight on Thanksgiving Eve, 1990.
He was my best friend and companion for most of those years, after I got my discharge from active duty, as a CTR2, in 1971.
I haven't been able to get the U.S. Gov't. to admit to the fact that his death was due to Agent Orange, and now that I am 66 years old, I miss him even more.
The American Legion seemed to be the most helpful, of all that I dealt with.
I pray for my friend, my father who fought in New Guinea during WWII, and was shot at there all the time, and ended up dying at the age of 66, from the affects of Agent Orange.
That is one thing I will always hate the government for, although I am a staunch patriot.
Terry L. Bruno
terry0bruno@gmail.com

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording