Bass-Jon's Message-Chat Room

Please Feel Free to Ask Questions or Enter Discussions

WWW.Swampjumper.com

Hampton Roads Bass Fishing Resource

Weather for Lake Smith Open is going to be HOT....please read....weigh in time has been changed
IP: 72.84.114.23

Good morning all,

Tomorrow's Open at Lake Smith will be a hot one. The temps are supposed to range anywhere from 94 to 98 degrees with the heat index over 100. This has prompted some anglers to bring this to my attention and I spoke with Kevin and we agreed that for the safety and comfort of our fellow anglers as well as the safety and proper management of our fish we will move the weigh in time up to 2 pm.

Something to think about for those that want to keep it at 4 pm. Lake Smith and Little Creek are both shallow lakes. When that water heats up the bite dies anyway. The fish become lethargic and one must ask himself is it worth 2 more hours of my time to try and catch a fish. I answer that with a resounding no.

We do not like to make changes to our schedule, but when obvious conditions exist to prompt us to do so we don't hesitate.

It is my understanding that several clubs have been having issues with dead fish already. I do not like seeing dead fish at my weigh ins. Proper fish management is a must.

Please consider freezing small bottles of water tonight to bring with you. You can drop them in your livewell one at a time to help keep your fish healthy. Also having some Please Release Me or Stay Alive or whatever you use to help sustain your fish. Change your livewell water. Another thing is don't just put your fish in your livewell and not check on them for hours. I make it a point to check on my fish every 20 minutes or so.

I hope that you all understand and do not hold this slight change against us. It is for the best for both anglers and fish.

Tim

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Hampton Roads Bass Fishing Resource

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording