Derek Harrison's Crossword Message Board

Please do not discuss (or even mention) current puzzles until after the solution is published. The moderators reserve the right to delete messages which do not have a valid Email address.

Message Board Rules

Listener 4348: Quads by Shark
IP: 2.96.86.23

It would be easy to become blasé about the efforts of the expert grid-jugglers these days, as occurrences become more commonplace, but I thought this was a particularly fine example of the genre.

When you had deduced that one quadrant had to be flipped over into another, it was amazing to see that it actually worked out – it didn’t look possible!

It took me a lot longer to sort out the second instruction and I had to experiment with a few options to fully understand the meaning. I wondered why the sequence of clues used did not run as per the clue number rather than using the standard order of acrosses followed by downs. That would have been quite neat but perhaps deemed too hard to spot.

Inevitably the clues themselves suffered a bit due to so many constraints on them, but it was all worth it for the “joke” in 31dn – that was the clue for which you had to calculate the correct option in the unchecked square, but did anyone else realise what the 36th character of the clue was? Made me chuckle anyway.

Bravo Shark – immensely entertaining challenge all round.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording