Derek Harrison's Crossword Message Board

Please do not discuss (or even mention) current puzzles until after the solution is published. The moderators reserve the right to delete messages which do not have a valid Email address.

Message Board Rules

Re(4): Listener No 4350 - Revelation of John by Elfman
IP: 86.148.2.185

I am with Simon on this one. With the grid full I had nothing to go on. The message said "Use highlighted cells in other clues" but nothing was highlighted. (There was also a suggestion from 23a that the theme might be _EXT, but this remains unclear even after I have read the solution notes.)

After two days I dusted off a spreadsheet I had used to search for the title of Listener 3852 (Torus Spiral by Dimitry), and I was lucky enough to check for two steps to the right and spot SIX, followed by FI[S]VE below it. The other numbers soon followed and gave me the axis of symmetry.

Sadly this was all to no avail since I hadn't checked the anagram of GURGOYLES and put in GARGOYLES instead. Of course the U was unchecked (deliberately?), reminding me of TAPEN which caught me in a similar way exactly 600 puzzles ago.

Patrick

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording