Preseason "Terrific 20" Team Rankings: Final Words
IP: 23.243.18.17

Now that I have finished the boys team rankings, I would like to mention some things again from the Introduction. Firstly, I hope these rankings will be a motivational tool, not a demoralizer. There are probably some teams out there that feel that they should be ranked higher, or some individuals that think they should’ve been included in their school’s Projected Top 7. To them, I say that there are always a few runners that drop way over a minute from their PRs and surprise everyone. Be that person on your team. Train consistently and hard, but be smart; you want to peak in November, not August. As always though, have fun and make the most of your time on your high school team because you’re really not going to realize how much you’re going to miss being a part of it until you've graduated.

As of now, I don’t know if I am going to make a set of girls rankings, but I probably will eventually. A common pattern I noticed looking at girls’ times is that most girls don’t improve significantly from their freshman times and either stagnate or regress as they get older. This makes rankings for them much less accurate than for the boys. What I will do though is post individual boy rankings starting from rising sophomores to juniors to seniors culminating with the top overall individuals in the City. I should have the sophomore boys done by tomorrow.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording