Simcoe County Bird and Nature Board. POSTS MUST INCLUDE FULL NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS OR THEY WILL BE DELETED FROM THE BOARD. Banners at top of page cannot be blocked but are not part of the page. BOB BOWLES
Robin behavior

While sitting outside enjoying a coffee on the deck early morning I noticed a female Robin picking some dried grass in her beak. This being July 15,2015. Thought it was a bit late for nest building but it proceeded to fly into a Lilac tree by my shed. As she flew back and forth into the tree I notice the male would follow her at a distance. The Robin that I thought was building the nest actually turned into two different females building the same nest and that one also followed by it's male partner.As one flew out the other would bring more building material into the nest.Never saw this behavior before and found it very unusual. After about a week of building there is one female in the nest and the male seems to be chasing the other both male and female away in a gentle way. Just too weird to see this kind of joint helpful behavior by robins.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Password To Edit Post:

Contact Bob Bowles if you have questions about the Simcoe County Bird and Nature Board
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording