Whortleberry Press
Re(1): On getting our books reviewed

Jean, Whortleberry Press publishes science fiction/fantasy/mystery stories, all very good. The only review sites you should look at should be for that genre. For example, the Big Three Magazine - Analog, Asimovs and the Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction all review half a dozen or so books a month as do the online ezines. You can find them on Ralan under Pro and Semi Pro. The problem is that I'm sure they are inundated with books to review plus the print magazine are months ahead so the chances of a timely review are slim. At least you would be in the right genre.
Don't look at the Indie reviewers! Indie means things like memoir and literary etc so if you got reviewed there, it's unlikely the readers would be looking for the kind of stories you publish. Of course, I'm prejudiced against literary so it's a compliment to say our stories wouldn't fit that readership!

I know one person who paid for a Kirkus review for her memoir. She has the money and was happy with the results. She liked the exposure altho she admitted she doesn't know if any sales resulted.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Looking for a good book? Find it here!
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording