Derek Harrison's Crossword Message Board

Please do not discuss (or even mention) current puzzles until after the solution is published. The moderators reserve the right to delete messages which do not have a valid Email address.

Message Board Rules

Re(4): Listener 4354: Taxi! By Ilver
IP: 192.41.131.251

To that my countermoan would be: a) this doesn't actually need any advanced maths at all, merely a bit of lateral thinking that is more about cryptic interpretation than it is about maths, and b) why not use the Listener as a chance to learn something about a topic you'd otherwise not read into? Maths, in this case -- although for me it would be poetry, art, classics, literature, etc etc, many of which I have a sketchy knowledge of at best but all of which I get exposed to regularly through Listeners and other themed crosswords.

For those who aren't so into mathematics, its treatment in a crossword seems as good a way as any to learn something about it -- instead, it seems many begrudge being forced to learn even the tiniest bit about a subject as rich as any other.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording