Derek Harrison's Crossword Message Board

Please do not discuss (or even mention) current puzzles until after the solution is published. The moderators reserve the right to delete messages which do not have a valid Email address.

Message Board Rules

The Times
IP: 92.7.1.45

I know that I am whistling in the wind as far as bringing about actual change on this subject in concerned but I thought I'd at least register a howl of discontentment and see if I'm not alone.
A while ago - as many of us were - I was co-opted from The Crossword Club into becoming a full on Times 'subscriber'. Viewed in one way this was a small price to pay for continued access the The Listener, the TES crossword et al. Viewed in another way, however, it means that I am now presumably contributing to the rag's readership figures and implicitly supporting the view of the world that it relentlessly pumps out through its news pages. (Yesterday's lead story for example appeared to have been written for it by that terrorist organisation, the So-called Tax Payers' Alliance.)
When The Times kept its news reporting reasonably separate from its comment/opinion (perhaps I'm going gaga but I do think I can remember such a time) then this situation might have been more easily tolerated. But noe The Times is grubbing in the same trough as The Mail and The Express for readers I'm not sure how much longer I can stomach it, love my crosswords though I do!

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording