Blanchard Family History Society
Forum

Re(7): Blanchards in Malton, Canada
IP: 81.98.251.81

I have read that Malton Book, but it does not state where the information came from that says Robert Blanchard hailed from Bulmer. I am usually wary of gravestone information, as the informant is not the deceased, and you wonder where the information actually came from. I have seen many headstones where the information on them is wrong.

I am not saying that Robert is NOT from Bulmer, but I would like to see more evidence that he actually was, particularly when the Robert Blanchard who was baptised there, did die there, aged 15.* So if Robert was born/baptised in Bulmer, he is not the son of Thomas and Elizabeth (nee Sedgefield), and there is no other likely candidate in the parish registers around that time.

I have uploaded to the Bulmer folder on Dropbox images from the parish register and the bishops' transcript, showing the baptism and burial of Robert in Bulmer.

* There is one possibility. There was another Robert Blanchard, son of Thomas and Elizabeth (nee Peterkin), baptised in 1767, and this could be the one who was buried in 1807, though he would be 40 years of age, and it would be highly ususual for him to be refered to as "son of ....".

Regards

Colin
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rdsyoq0sj4f5p1x/AACdUWU2JCQEk86tLkONV5-Ma?dl=0

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Top of Page

crest Blanchard Family History Society crest

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording